Kubernetes Advanced for Developers
You already work with Docker containers and you are going to use Kubernetes? You are going to implement, configure and test containerized applications? And you also want to monitor and deploy your applications with Kubernetes? Then this is the training for you!
This training focusses, apart of the Fundamentals knowledge, on more in-depth challenges. We handle advanced features and use cases to teach you, as a software developer, how to deploy and manage your application in a Kubernetes cluster.
Using practical examples and hands-on exercises, you will be able to work effortlessly with Kubernetes and prepare for the Certfified Kubernetes Application development (CKAD) Exam.
Everyone who develops, tests and / or releases software and uses or will use a Kubernetes cluster during development, testing and release stages.
What do you bring?
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Software developer
- Practical knowledge of ssh, Linux, Docker (basic), Gitlab or Jenkins or other CI / CD tooling is advised. Go experience is useful (or gain some experience with Go at https://tour.golang.org.)
- Enthusiasm and a good mood!
What do you learn?
- Kubernetes Hands-On based on concrete examples and practical exercises in your Kubernetes teaching environment!
- Unlike the Fundamentals Training, we go deeper into the matter, and this training shows ready-made solutions that you can apply in practice.
- Context: What is Cloud Native? Also, what is the history and importance of Kubernetes?
- Installing Kubernetes on bare metal.
- Kubernetes Architecture: Components & Resources (deployment, replication controller, pods)
- Basic concepts of Kubernetes: services, draining nodes, horizontal scaling, deploying, release management & canary releases, liveliness checks and readiness checks, updates & rollbacks, init containers
- Kubernetes principles: Helmet, Ingress Controller, Cert Manager
- Kubernetes security: Single Sign-On & Role Based Access
- Monitoring: central logging & monitoring (designing & creating dashboards, adding your software)
- Cloud native solutions for APM: LinkerD & Envoy (optional)
- Release Management: Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery with Gitlab, Jenkins or Spinakker.
Service Orchestration: own CRD, Operator & Controller (optional)
* optional: depending on level and interest
June 3rd, 2019
July 15th, 2019
August 12th, 2019
September 9th, 2019
October 7th, 2019
November 4th 2019
December 2nd, 2019
09:00 – 17:00
Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
You will receive a personal K8s cluster, course material, syllabi and of course the N-Able Kubernetes T-shirt!
Complete the form below to register for this training!